Samstag, 31. Oktober 2015

Java Part I (Yogyakarta)

After 2 Nights in Jakarta, I went to Yogyakarta by train. Jakarta itself wasn't that interesting. So no more comments for this city. But Yogyakarta impressed me a lot!

I stayed at Venezia Garden Homestay. They have Dorms and Doublerooms. It's was quite hot here and I was glad they have a nice Pool to chill. Breakfast was included which was not really the best but still ok. 
The location of this place is very central. Walking distance to downtown, Kraton (Kings palace), underground mosque, Birdmarket, restaurants, cafes and many galleries. 

(Sleeping Tuk Tuk Driver)

(Tuk Tuk's everywhere!)

There is art around every corner. Many  Galleries which are in the middle of a private living room, lots of Batikshops, public paintings and statues. 

(Garbage bin, Downtown)

(Statue at downtown)

(Casa CaSinta)

(...) 

(Temporary Art exhibition of Batik and Oil Paintings)

The last picture impressed me the most. The exhibitionist told me about the technics of Batic. It's so intense and I was really interested how they make it.

Yogyakarta has many restaurants and cafes... Local food places (Warung), Street food (e.g. Sate with peanut sauce), 
Vegetarian Organic Hipster restaurants and lots of restaurants with charity backgrounds. 
There is one place I have to recommend: Milas. The concept is sooo amazing and the atmosphere is nice.

Excursions around Yogja:
- Borobudur Temple (one of the biggest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia)
- Prambanan (biggest Hindu Temple in Indonesia, looks like a small version of Angkor Wat)

(Sunrise at Borobudur View Point, but I chose an other point in the jungle. Too many people at the View point where you can't enjoy the rising sun)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen